Author Topic: 14w baby w the transition from 3.5 to 4hrs EASY  (Read 1857 times)

Offline MyLeo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
14w baby w the transition from 3.5 to 4hrs EASY
« on: November 14, 2015, 10:02:25 am »
Dear all

I have applied the 4hrs easy to my baby and still very confused on some points . Pls help.

1.he usually has catnaps for 30-45m and his max wt is only 1.5hrs. So he is OT if he waits for the next feeding. As a consequence, in the evening he normally gets up from nap at 4.30 or 5pm. It means that he has to wait until 7pm to be fed again and he sometimes OT and very sleepy at that time.

Question: Is it ok for him to have the last wt of 2.5hrs or should I extend the last naps (by PUPD) TO 1.5hrs? If the last nap extend longer, would it impact the nightsleep?

2. When he was 10w w easy 3.5, he ate 240ml at max and he could sleep from 7pm to 12pm. After that he cried after every 3, 3.5hr for feeding. However, after ww12, he ate less and now only 150-160ml at max. He starts night sleep at 7 and gets up at 11pm then after every 3hrs he asks for feeding again (2am and 5 am)

I know that in theory he is not hungry and just wakes as he used to this routine.

Question: I dont know why he eats that less? Anyone has the same issue?

I intend to not feed him after 11pm for some days to make him eat more at day and let him learn how to sleep longer (he would be mad at night then  :'(). Is this a good idea or I should apply step by step by stop feeding him at 2am first then 5am later?

Anyone has experience, pls share. Thank so much.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: 14w baby w the transition from 3.5 to 4hrs EASY
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:44:58 am »
Can you please post your routine in EAS format Honey?? So it would look like your log for last 2/3 days - feelings, naps, BT, NWs. It will be easier for us to help you.
~Marta

Offline MyLeo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 12:37:00 pm »
Hi Martini, tha ks for your quick feedback.

Below is the typical day of my Leo.

6am: wake up
6.30: eat 120ml
7.30-7.45: put in bed and sleep
8.30: wake up (stimes only 30m)
8.30 -10: play
10: eat 140ml
10.20: sleep
11.15: wake up
11.40: cry to sleep again
12.25: wake up
12.25-14: play
14: eat 150ml
14.30: sleep
15.15: wake up
17: bathtime
17- 17.45: eat and sleep
22.30: wake up and cry,
23: sleep after eat
2am: wake up and eat (direct for around 5mins so I dont think he eats alot)
4.30 or 5am: wake up again and eat (direct also)
6-6.30am: wake up and start new day

Look forward to your comments.

Tks tks

Khue

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 21:30:55 pm »
It may be that he is in the UT/OT loop Honey. So you put him down in the morning too early which makes it difficult for him to settle and results in short nap, and by the time next nap is there he is already OT. Can you consider pushing first nap a bit later?

Re feeds it's difficult to say but is his overall intake smaller?
~Marta

Offline MyLeo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 02:07:14 am »
I see the sleeping cues before putting him to bed in the morning dear. But anyway I would take this into consideration.
Should I use pupd to make him sleep longer the first two naps, lets say for 1 week so that he could adapt with a new habit?

Re intake, yes it is smaller. I try to not feed him yesterday and this morning he ate 200ml. Although he got up several ti e at night but he was not crying very hard. It seems like he is not very hungry.do u ghink that it is ok to not feed him in the following days?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 06:53:33 am »
If you are able to console him without feed its worth trying - that's for sure:)!

Re morning A - around that age Honey sleep cues are vague. Children can be tired out of habit and it's very popular that you have to push them slightly to get a good nap. After couple of days of a new A time they should et used to it and stop showing tired cues.

Re PUPD... If he is UT for his naps, PUPD won't help. If he is OT for his naps PUPD can wind him up instead of winding down, so it's your judgment what you should do. Have you tried wake to sleep/ going into the middle of the nap to help him go through/ holding through the joints to extend.
~Marta

Offline MyLeo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 11:59:22 am »
Tks you.

Today I tried to get him back to sleep in the morning after his catnap of 45ms by pupd, he cried a bit and still slept after 25m since he wake up. Shoud this be considered as two naps or 1 nap?

I will try the suggested method to see how it works in my case.