Author Topic: 7 Mo old Short Naps at daycare  (Read 793 times)

Offline JDHApril2015

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Working Mom
7 Mo old Short Naps at daycare
« on: November 18, 2015, 18:19:23 pm »
Is there anything I can do at home in the evenings or on weekends to help DS nap better at daycare.  For the past month or so, my son has napped on average about one hour per day at daycare.  Usually two half hour or so naps during the day.  This is affecting his night time sleep.  Which he's never been great at, but just recently he dropped all night feeds and was waking usually once and even STTN a handful of times.  Now his naps have gotten short and his night wakings have jumped to every few hours.  On the weekends his two naps average 1.5 hours each (sometimes a 45 catnap at the end of the day) and his A times are 2.5 - 3 hours (we lay him down when we see sleep cues, not necessarily by the clock). 

He's in a traditional daycare so 3-4 babies per teacher and since he is still in the "young" baby room the schedule of each baby is set by the parents so there are always babies awake/crying/playing at any given time. 

Any tips on things I can do from home are appreciated!

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
Re: 7 Mo old Short Naps at daycare
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 19:11:45 pm »
I think having him catch up on sleep on the weekends with longer naps (and a CN) is one of the best things you can do. I would also try to get him to bed as early as possible on daycare days to minimize OT. When my DD was napping like that at daycare, she was often in bed and sleeping by 6!

Would the daycare allow white noise? It might help block out the sounds of the other babies and help him sleep better.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014