Author Topic: 2.5 yrs old - no nap and EW  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Jemimah

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 19, 2015, 15:53:11 pm »
My 2.5 year old is a low sleep needs guy.  He has not napped since he was 2.  Since then his typical day is: W: 6.30/7 B: 6.30 which has been lovely:)  He has been able to get out of his crib, open his door, and come see us in the morning.  The getting out of crib thing has never caused issues for him/us safety wise however we will be transitioning to Big boy bed next week as it is time.

In the meantime (last 2 weeks), he has been waking up at night, yelling for me, and then needs to be put back to sleep.  Sometimes this can take an hour or more:(  If he doesn't wake at night, he wakes for the day at 5 or 5.30 (ugh!).  We have tried 2-3 times to keep him up later thinking he was needing less sleep, but the results were the same ( well once he stayed in bed until 6, but had 2 wakings at night).  I have also tried the reverse and put him to bed earlier at 6.15PM thinking he was super tired, but same results......

Am I missing something here?  Anyone with advice, same situation?
I can handle wake up anytime after 6AM, but 5/5.30 is just TOO early. And going back to night wakings has taken a toll on us.

DD2 is 5.5 years old and sleeps more than this guys does!!
Thanks!!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 2.5 yrs old - no nap and EW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:16:48 am »
My DD3 dropped her nap shortly before 2 years old and while we haven't hit the half birthday development and shenanigans we have had lots of random shouty nw's lately! She has had a big language explosion along with the fact that I have been out for meetings and such at bedtime so I think she wakes and wonders if I am home. Any developmetal stuff going on for him?
Heidi

Offline Jemimah

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 15:40:46 pm »
I suppose he has been making developmental bounds and language has ramped up as well and is it right at the 1/2 bday development stage which I always forget about.  I will be patient and let him learn his way through this:)  Thanks.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 2.5 yrs old - no nap and EW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 04:22:56 am »
You're welcome...it sure is a tough one when they are already low sleep needs and then have developmental stuff interfere with what sleep they get. My 7 & 9 year olds sleep nearly as much as my toddler too :P
Heidi