Author Topic: Snacking while teething?!  (Read 1434 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Snacking while teething?!
« on: November 20, 2015, 20:01:39 pm »
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with their LO starting a snacking habit while in the throes of teething? My DS is 5.5 months old and started teething about a month ago. Things were fine in terms of feeds but the last few days he has been only wanting a little bit at a time like one breast at a time; day and night. Is this normal for a teething?

Granted his teething symptoms have worsened and I do know nursing can bothersome but it also seems he wants to nurse for comfort as well. Any thoughts? I don't want to start a snacking habit but I also don't want to ignore his needs during this time of discomfort.
Jennifer xx

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Snacking while teething?!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 20:06:24 pm »
Yep, this happens with teething, for comfort and hunger - feeding can hurt and therefore he may need to feed more often for hunger but also for comfort. I'd just let it go while he teeth are cutting and it may resolve on its own once the teeth are through. It did for us but some people do have to consolidate feeds again.

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: Snacking while teething?!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 20:19:52 pm »
ok I don't mind at all, I just wanted to make sure this was normal for a teething baby and not me enabling snacking behavior. Thank you!  ;D
Jennifer xx