Author Topic: Nap issue again!!  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 26, 2015, 13:49:57 pm »
Ok so I have posted before about my dd catnapping.
New thing, for the last 2 days she has fought nap time and I have managed to resettle but then she is sleeping past her feed time!!
She is fed 4 hourly so don't really want to leave her but I'm at a loss what to do.
Do I leave her to sleep, is she trying to establish a new routine??
Help!!

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 13:50:31 pm »
Should add, she is 12 weeks old.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Nap issue again!!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 22:01:21 pm »
This need for more sleep could easily be a result of a growth spurt, 12 weeks is prime time for that.  It's hard not to be militant about feeding times but my recommendation is to allow her a 2 hr nap if she wants it, regardless of her next feeding time, and feed her as soon as she wakes.  Particularly during growth spurts, babies need sleep just as much as they need food.   

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 22:36:56 pm »
Thanks, I wish that were the case but my dd naps are terrible and despite the long nap this morning she as been awful after with 2 very short 30 min naps and the worst bedtime we've ever had. Took me 2 hours to settle her and she hasn't taken her feed cos knackered so will no doubt be awake again v soon.
I'm at a loss were I'm going wrong. She wakes smiling in a morning, she gets washed and dressed, has a feed, we play a little, then she starts to look sleepy after about an hour and a half so I take her to her darkened bedroom, put on her sleeping bag, tell her it's nap time, kiss her then pop her gown. She settles straight away, but bang on 30 mins she wakes and won't settle again fir ages which then takes her past her next feed!!
Help please, I'm  going mental!!

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Nap issue again!!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 04:31:14 am »
Do you put her to bed 1.5 after eyes open, or 1.5 after shower, food etc.?  12 weeks is still really young and I wonder if she's perhaps needing a shorter A time?  An hour and twenty minutes instead of an hour and thirty?  It can be that subtle a difference.  Has she always been a short napper or is this a new thing?

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 15:47:45 pm »
Hi.
She has always been a short napper as long as I can remember anyway!
Turns out the feeding issue was the start of bronchiolitis  :( she was in hospital overnight Friday, no oxygen needed and managed smaller more frequent feeds so they let her home.
Since being home we have increased her to 3 hourly feeds and have more or less allowed her to go back to her more normal ish routine as she was being lifted at night to feed due to small amounts. She took a normal feed last night and slept til the usual 4 am feed, then coughing woke her at 7! So took a smaller feed and settled til 10 ish.
She has however been settling for naps around an hour and 20 after waking. I have been putting her on the sofa, so I can keep an eye on her while poorly, and tucking her in whilst still awake and smiley, telling her to have a lovely nap. She has been sleeping for about an hour and a half to and hour and 45 mins like this!!
I have just relocated her for this nap to her room with monitors on cos I don't like her napping on the sofa if I leave the room, safer with her monitor on.
Who knows, maybe it's cos she's not very well, or she may have turned the nap corner.
Watch this space. I hope for all our sakes it's the start of good napping x