Author Topic: First feed  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: December 03, 2015, 22:38:06 pm »
Hi. My lo is not that interested in her first feed of the day, yet sometimes will get really upset, like she's hungry whilst I'm dressing her.
I usually go in to her when she's waking up, she gives me a smile, I open the curtains say it's morning time then it goes downhill. She's happy til I put her on the changing mat and try to wash and dress her. It's a nightmare! Clothes off is fine and I talk and smile at her all the while but clothes on and she fights me and can get ready upset. I maintain the smiley mood when really I'm like, holy crap, I need to hurry up. I think she's hungry at this point so crack on to quickly get feed sorted and then she takes a feeble amount and sits laughing at me!!
What am I doing wrong?
She's 13 weeks now.
She will then watch me eat and I say to her, do you want some toast lol!!

Offline grace annes mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 23:06:34 pm »
I don't think it's uncommon for LOs to not be ready to eat right away especially depending on night feeds.  Sounds to me like she likes to be naked.  ;)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: First feed
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:31:21 pm »
Might she be better with just a quick nappy change and then head downstairs without getting washed and dressed?  Mine didn't like to be bothered by getting washed and dressed first thing, neither would he eat the moment he woke up. But i found if we did quick nappy then down in pjs by the time I'd made coffee prepared his milk etc about 30 mins had gone by and he was ready to eat.  I got him washed and dressed at the next nappy change rather than the first.
Sounds like she just doesn't like getting dressed!

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 14:35:01 pm »
You are both right she hates getting dressed!
Loves being naked!!