Author Topic: NWs (for hours) + EW + sick = APOP  (Read 2904 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: NWs (for hours) + EW + sick = APOP
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 18:51:34 pm »
So nap push first our push both at the same time?
Both at the same time. Day 1 15 mins later, day 2 another 15 mins later, day 3 another 15 mins later, day 4 your reach 1hr total later for both nap and BT.  If at any point you feel she is *way* too tired then hold at the time you are at an additional day, but not very many days on the run.  LOs can do this relatively rapid shift, millions do it with the clock change every year.  I wouldn't take more than say 10-14 days max for the entire shift. Perhaps jot it down so you know where you are up to.
Importantly all meal times need to change too, all the additional 15 min same as nap and BT.

Oh and say she gets up at 5am tomorrow. Do I just get up with her and we still try to push the nap?
If you were going all out with PUPD then I'd say start tomorrow, might as well, but if you are doing the time shift over a period of days I would continue with the EW APOP that you have been doing. Take her just as you have been doing and let her sleep on you until the usual time.  Then move nap out from there.
You may see no difference initially but over the days as things progress we would hope to see that EW move later, so you can still AP it but it will be for less time. When it gets near to WU time you might only AP for 10 mins or 20 mins for example (then wake her up because you need to put your day time routine in place). When it becomes so short that it is pointless to begin the AP process then stop.

I hope this makes sense.  so no cat nap.

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Happy baby is more than a yoga pose :)
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 21:23:30 pm »
thank you!
so as anticipated she woke up at 5:05am :(
I didn't get this response so I went with a guess and it ended up being a combo. I'll apop tomorrow. 

LOs can do this relatively rapid shift, millions do it with the clock change every year.
I was just thinking about daylight savings.  It's in March which at this point seems not too far away and it's the perfect shift of one hour forward. I'm tempted to just suck it up until then! ;)

But I've got to get away from her sleeping on me.
It's killing my hip/shoulder.  That giant head of hers and she's so wiggly! It can't be good sleep for her either.
Co-sleep = No sleep (for me at least).

This morning I held her in her crib standing for a bit, tried PD but she was babbling then upset. She's tired but won't do it herself at this point.
So after 30 mins I turned on the light and we let the dog out, did a diaper change and then I nursed her.  I knew she'd fall asleep if I went straight into a feed.
She still dozed off on me for a bit. So kind of the same result really. A nurse nap instead of a full on sleep on me. And no CN later.
The nurse nap can't work either since I'm weaning her. We're down to only that morning feed.

yesterday
WU 5:45a after apop ~7a
Nap 12:25p (1hr only - she slept so long the night before ~12 h)
BT 6:50p
NW 11:45p (~10min, gave water) & 1a (~10min, gave Tylenol / water)

today
WU 5:05a -- quiet in dark until 5:35a -- BF 6a -- nursed/slept on me until 7a
Nap 12:25p -- EW at 30 mins (OT - cry/stand), dh resettled her ~10 mins -- 1:50p (1.20h)
so her nap was shorter a bit and unsettled - OT

we'll shoot for 6:30 BT and tomorrow EW regular apop nap on me, slow shift start...
It makes sense.  That way we hopefully avoid the terrible way OT and get her there gradually.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 09:49:26 am »
Good luck :)