Author Topic: 2 years 9 months suddenly talking like a baby.. Why?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Jodes112

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
2 years 9 months suddenly talking like a baby.. Why?
« on: December 09, 2015, 19:44:05 pm »
DD can have a pretty good conversation & is a very good speaker.

Over the last few weeks though, she has suddenly started talking like a baby, on and off throughout the day. When she does it its in a whiney baby tone & she pronounces her words like a baby & pulls a baby face. Why has she started doing this. Its really irritating & usually comes with a bad attitude aswell. Any ideas?

Also, will this just pass on its own? Im currently trying to ignore it, but if she is asking me for something ie a drink, she can perfectly say 'please can i have a drink' but in baby mode she literally whines the word 'dwiiiinnnk' to me. So i will tell her she can have a drink when she talks properly and asks nicely. Is this the right wayto go about it?

TIA!!
Jody
 xx

Offline goldmom

• Showing Appreciation 23
Re: 2 years 9 months suddenly talking like a baby.. Why?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 00:56:46 am »
Hi Jodes, DD is similar, but we have a non-verbal toddler around that I feel like she imitates. Would love to hear it's developmental and will just pass soon.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 05:14:00 am »
Would she be seeing behaviour like this anywhere? The whining is actually developmental (though really annoying!). I found DS would do this kind of "act like a younger kid" stuff if we'd been around younger kids at the park or at day-care. If she has a younger sibling, that could be it too.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 06:28:42 am »
My DD1 is 9 and still has phases of weird talk - baby talk sometimes due to younger siblings but als she recently developed an affectated nasal sounding voice to imitate a tv show character. Thankfully she is done that phase. When she was younger I did ignore or ask her to rephrase questions, now I tell her pointblank to use her own voice.
Heidi

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 07:06:53 am »
My DD who is the same age is also doing this and has been for a couple of months! She also wants to be carried quite a bit and fed as well...  ::)

I thought it was because I was pregnant and she knew a baby was on its way but maybe it's just an age thing!
I also find it very irritating!!
Lauren

Offline Jodes112

• Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 18:21:02 pm »
No younger babies around, i have no idea where its come from!

Its nice to know its normal though. Shes been so poorly for a few weeks it seems shes forgot that she did it & doesnt do it anymore! Its like her mind was took off it for a bit, and now its passed! For now ha xx
Jody
 xx