Author Topic: Reconsidering the whole bottle plan, help me talk this through?  (Read 3739 times)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Reconsidering the whole bottle plan, help me talk this through?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:55 am »
Yeah, I think you're right.

The real need for me to be able to head out alone in the near future is horse-related. It's so cold at the yard sometimes and despite having a second lot of gear to leave there I would like to occasionally be able to leave the boys (including dh!) at home and go alone. Sometimes feeds are only two hours apart right now so I would have to forgo breakfast and make a dash for it to get back in time.

He is starting to go longer periods at night - five hours last night - which is fab but not much use apart from for sleeping.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 12:29:58 pm »
Very soon there will be much longer periods between feeds so it won't all be such a rush to squeeze things in between feeds.

DS2 took a dummy at every sleep until he was 7mo but never really took a bottle without a lot of crying and wastage.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 12:34:56 pm »
ITA with Ali. He's only 5 weeks, very soon he'll start going longer between feeds. Everything sečms like it's for ever with tiny babies but big changes come quite quickly in retrospect. Hang on in there.
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.