Author Topic: Baby quiet waking from short nap: leave in cot or get up?  (Read 961 times)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Baby quiet waking from short nap: leave in cot or get up?
« on: January 21, 2016, 15:08:38 pm »
DD will be 4 months old next week. I can only get her to take short naps in her cot- usually around 40mins. I have been checking on her & getting her up when she wakes but today was hectic & I was distracted by her older brother & some other house stuff & ended up leaving her in the cot. I'm pretty sure she was awake after 40-45mins as I did pop in & she was shuffling & sucking on her hand but she was quiet in her cot until around 1hr20 (so another 40mins) I don't know if she went back to sleep or not.
So now I'm not sure whether to leave her for her naps until she calls out... And if I do whether to count A time from when I get her up or when I think she's woken.

Any thoughts?

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
Re: Baby quiet waking from short nap: leave in cot or get up?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 01:40:37 am »
My DD was exactly the same. She was often so quiet that I was never sure when she woke. I did often leave her for a bit. At 3, DD still likes time by herself in bed after she wakes. It could be that your LO enjoys that quiet time to herself. I did have a tough time figuring out how to count A time after that. I ended up counting the time awake in the crib as half (so if she was awake for 30 min, I counted it as 15).

Do you want to post your EASY? Maybe a bit of tweaking will help lengthen those naps.
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 16:26:19 pm »
Mine is exactly the same, same in the morning too!!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 20:44:59 pm »
Gosh I would def leave her! This comes from a mum whose LO even at 6 is wide awake and needing attention from the moment the eyes are open!