Author Topic: Bedtime after cat nap  (Read 843 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: January 26, 2016, 18:04:57 pm »
If my lo has a cat nap around 5-5:15 for 30 mins,  when should I aim to start bedtime routine.
She's 5 months and on an attempt at four hour easy, but having nap issues at the min. Her feeds are around 7,11,3 and 7. Bedtime is bath bottle bed.
Thanks

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Bedtime after cat nap
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 20:45:19 pm »
That is up to the individual LO. Some can handle a longer A time to BT than others, so there's no set rule.

Personally if she's pulling 2hrs A after a decent nap of 1.5hrs or more, some LO's can only handle an hour or 1hr 15mins after a short CN. hth x

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 21:32:54 pm »
Thanks, just hard to judge at the mon with the rubbish naps  :( I thought if naps rubbish all day aim for an earlier bedtime but then you throw a cat nap into the equation and I'm baffled  :'(
I hate her upset at bedtime, she's such a delight when she's well rested. She had a meltdown this afternoon too cos she was tired but refused to nap, we went to our usual group and we had to leave so she could calm down and go to sleep. I feel like I'm going to be stuck home all the time at the minute if she won't sleep out and about and has meltdowns :'(  :'(

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Bedtime after cat nap
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 13:10:44 pm »
(((Hugs))) at this age we barely did anything after the evening CN, just a little bf, bedtime routine (really short, didn't even attempt a bath at this time as she'd just get too tired and hate it!) and into bedroom for a little top up bf and down. Would you like to post your whole day's routine, so we can hunt for clues with you?