Author Topic: No morning nap!  (Read 777 times)

Offline kristeno

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 02, 2016, 16:27:30 pm »
My daughter is 5 mo & we're hitting the 1 week mark on EASY. She's been doing great, taking good naps (total 1.5 hr each) & sleeping almost through the night. The problem is that she fights her first nap HARD. IF she sleeps, it's for the last 30 min or wakes up every 15 after fighting for an hour. She screams & cries the whole time. I'm starting to wonder if she's even tired at this time. She's talking & playing & it's like we're trying to force her to be tired just to get the routine. The other naps, she only fights a little (15-20 min) & will take a solid nap after. Is it possible she doesn't need this nap or should we lengthen her awake time before? Here's our routine:

650-7: Wake & eat (really hard to keep her awake to eat)
730: Activity
9: Sleep (we spend about 20 min on a routine: book, singing & prayer, sitting quietly for approx 10 min)
11: Wake time we aim for & eat
1130: Activity
1: Sleep (same nap routine, goes down much easier) approx 1-1.5 hr stretch, sometimes wakes once
3: Wake (sometimes have to wake her) & eat
330: Activity
5-6: Usually catnap
6: Activity
7: Bedtime routine: Eat, baby massage, book, singing & prayer, sitting quietly for approx 10 min
730: Sleep time we aim for
11: Dream feed
3ish: Wakes for no longer than 30 min, using PU/PD back to sleep
650-7: Wake & eat

My sweet girl is doing great learning to self soothe & put herself to sleep, so I'm not sure what it is about this time of day. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Offline Jodes112

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 19:24:46 pm »
Hi, welcome to the site!

It sounds like she is doing great!

That morning wake time though, does look a little short & i would try extending it slightly! If i remember rightly my DD was close to the 3-2 at 5mo and going between 2.5 & 3hrs before nap. She is probably ready for her nap in the afternoon after 2hrs awake because she is tired from the disturbed nap in the morning.

If i were you i would just stretch out that first nap 10/15 minutes later & see how you get on. Then you can adjust the second nap accordingly x
Jody
 xx