Author Topic: Short naps with 12 week old!  (Read 1048 times)

Offline SusieQue

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 09, 2016, 06:54:51 am »
yikes, how I had forgotten about the short nap phase! My LO is 12 weeks old and has been short napping for a couple of weeks now and it's driving me crazy! He's so cranky when I get him up, I can take him in he pram when my 4YO is at nursery but most other days we have to ride it out. I just can't seem to get his A-time right so I'm hoping someone can help us! Here is a general day

WU 6am and bottle
Bed 7.15, sometimes takes him about 20 minutes to fall asleep
Awake 8.30
Eat 10am
Sleep 11.30
Awake 12.10
Eat 2pm
Sleep 2.45
Awake 3.30
Bath and bottle 5.30, asleep 6

He has just started sleeping through until 5 but won't go back to sleep so I have to start his day! Problem is that because he doesn't nap well in the day I can't push his bedtime back closer to 7. Those wake up times are also just when I hear him, I'm pretty sure he wakes up a bit earlier but just lays there. Any ideas?

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: Short naps with 12 week old!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:33:06 am »
Hi Susie,
I wonder if he is old enough to extend his first A time by 15 min maybe? Just to start with? Whyt?

The reason I think It might help, is because it takes longer to put him to sleep here, and he knows how to play for longer than 1h 15 min later in a day:) It might also help to discourage EW. It helped with my DS.
Do you want to try it? I know you said he gets up earlier than that, but let's assume he is up by 6. You will see, that fixing that first A time (many think that it is suppose to be the longest) can make the whole day fall on its place:)

Offline SusieQue

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 14:19:50 pm »
Thanks Bella, I think he does need a pretty long A time so will try extending that first one!

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: Short naps with 12 week old!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 18:29:57 pm »
No problem, just let me know how it goes:)

Sometimes, we think our LOs are still little, but they grow up fast! :)