Author Topic: Starting EASY at 3 1/2 months old. Encouragement?!  (Read 1428 times)

Offline sunshine33

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Starting EASY at 3 1/2 months old. Encouragement?!
« on: February 22, 2016, 21:28:45 pm »
Hello,

I've just recently just gotten accustomed with the baby whisperer... (god do I wish I had before "girl" was born). I'm trying to get the EASY routine in place but am finding there are SO many things to fix. I'm quite sure I have a spirited baby, very loud, very fun, energetic and happy, but boy is sleep a bit of a challenge. She usually won't go down until 11pm, her naps are still all over the place. I'm also realizing that (I'm slowly switching from breast to bottle) when she breastfeeds, she doesn't eat as much, she gets distracted soooo easily, so she doesn't sleep as well, wakes up many times in the night... I know she can do good long nights, she's done it before, like 9 consecutive hours, (after breastfeeding the entire night mind you) but it screwed up my milk supply and the night after she was back down to 3-4h stretches.  :-\

Anyway, all this to say, has anyone lived through installing EASY around the 3-4 month mark? Should I be pushing 4hrs btw feeds? Or start at 3? What about A time? The little progress I'm making is really helping but man it's going slow... I just wanna make sure I keep moving forward.

Thanks!!!

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Starting EASY at 3 1/2 months old. Encouragement?!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:43:06 pm »
Hi & welcome. Your little girl sounds lovely.

Do you want to post your routine in EASY format to give an idea of a typical day?
E.g.
E: 7am
A:1.5hrs
S: 8.30-10.00 etc

For me the first step to getting started is to get in an Eat-Activity-Sleep pattern. Naps are often still erratic at this age & most 3mo babies are not ready to go more than 3hrs between feeds, especially if BF.

Have you tried BF away from distractions or under a muslin or feeding cover? That can help nosey little ones concentrate on eating :-)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:45:34 pm by Scottishmummy »
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD