Author Topic: Reflecting on sleep progress, like to join me?  (Read 719 times)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Reflecting on sleep progress, like to join me?
« on: February 27, 2016, 20:20:56 pm »
I've been reading that it's good to evaluate progress on sleep, so you can see how far you've come. So I thought I'd note down a few things on how far we've come.  Want to join me?

Lo is nearly 16 weeks, a c-section baby who cried whenever we moved him at first!

We've gone through lots of changes already.
At first he slept when put down, but that was short-lived
Then we got very unsettled evenings, until I worked out that we needed to cluster feed. Still a lot of evenings were hit and miss as to whether he'd settle
He ended up in bed with me at night. At first I panicked about this but now I know how to share with him safely and we love it!
We've gone through naps in arms, no nap at all and monster naps to come out with a relatively predictable routine. I never thought we'd get there but now I can see a path through to dropping the last nap (in time)
Sling naps have been so helpful for working out his A time and establishing a routine. They were the only reliable naps we could get for a while.
I've started to put him into the crib for a nap or so a day, plus the first part of the night. It's still very hit and miss but it's early days and he does generally sleep there (progress!) but maybe not for very long.

And you? How are you doing?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
Re: Reflecting on sleep progress, like to join me?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 11:46:44 am »
Me me me me!! <waves>

Big twin (2.5) - up a couple of times in the night  :-\ but generally doing 11 or 11.5 hour nights with a 45 min nap or no nap
Little twin - no nap, similar length nights, often ends up with us but could be worse

Baby (nearly 9 months) - was self-settling, having 2 feeds at midnight and 5 but then sleeping til 6:30. Nice little routine of 3:30 A with a short 1st nap, which is working well for us as a family.

So we were all asleep til 6:30 which was AMAZING!!!

Last night was baby's first night in his cot in his own room. Cold turkey. Needed shh pat to sleep and woke up a LOT!!! Sadly I think it has coincided with teething and learning to crawl so there's lots going on.  It's also quite hard to shh pat him in the cot so we may need to look into something else. Last night I ended up picking him up for a bit so maybe PUPD although I have never really done that before as I found it a bit over stimulating for the twins.

Offline 4isstillnighttime

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 11:47:32 am »
Whoops, posted too early. Looks good MJN! Can't believe he is 16 weeks though!!!

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 20:25:09 pm »
That sounds like a lot of progress for you, too! I can't believe your wee one is 9mo! Time goes so quickly the second time around, doesn't it?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015