Author Topic: 8 week doesn't nap during the day  (Read 761 times)

Offline SJ hurst

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 01, 2016, 16:23:58 pm »
Hi - bit late to the baby whisper  but really like the principles. I have an 8 week LO who sleeps well at night (bottle at 9.30, burp and sleeps by 10. One b feed at 2am them back to sleep till 6.30/7.30am) however I can't get him to sleep in the house during the day, unless on me! I know people advise against feeding them and putting down but if this works in the evening surely I could try during the day and do the activity when he wakes? Any advice would be much appreciated

Should mention he sleeps well when out during the day in pram/ car etc x

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: 8 week doesn't nap during the day
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 22:09:50 pm »
Hi there and welcome!  The primary reason for the order of EASY is that it prevents you from becoming the prop that puts your baby to sleep.  I used to feed my baby to sleep at BT and I didn't mind that because it was only the one time, though it did make it difficult for us to have any date nights etc. where we might leave before bedtime.  However, if you feed your baby to sleep for each sleep, he may never learn how to help himself back to sleep and that's when the breast/bottle becomes a prop.
The first three months are incredibly difficult, whether you're a first time Mom or a Mom of several.  If you choose to feed baby to sleep at this young age, it's not undoable but it can be quite a difficult prop to drop.  Tracy's motto was "Start as you mean to go on", encouraging parents to think long term about the choices them make.
I would suggest you get a sling/baby carrier and use that so that you can still get things done while helping baby sleep.  You could also try a swing that rocks, that was a great help to us.  If you'd rather work on his ability to sleep in his crib or cot, Shh-Pat is a great, very gentle method for helping babies fall asleep.  HTH!

Shush-pat - How to