Author Topic: SOS-Monster Nap and Teething?!  (Read 885 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
SOS-Monster Nap and Teething?!
« on: March 02, 2016, 19:12:02 pm »
Hello!

Quick question: My DS is currently teething badly his top two teeth. His night sleep is still pretty good considering. However, yesterday he wanted his afternoon nap a half hour early and slept well then still went to bed beautifully and had a decent night with the exception of 3 NW to nurse (I let him since he is in  notable pain). Anyways, today I did the normal first A time where I medicated him with Camila and teething gel since he was crying his pain cry for a good half hour...poor baby. He went down at 11:30, woke up to nurse around 12:15, and fell right to sleep again! I didn't have the heart to wake him since the only reason he woke up was because I made noise. He slept for about 2.5 hours. What do I do for the second nap? I am thinking of capping to a half hour to at least get to a BT of 8:30-8:45 pm (Usually bedtime is 7-7:30.

Does that sound ok? This is new territory as the with his bottom teeth he wouldn't really nap and nighttime was constant NW.

Thank you!
Jennifer xx

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: SOS-Monster Nap and Teething?!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 17:19:42 pm »
Hi - sorry I am probably to late to help now! How did it go?

x

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Re: SOS-Monster Nap and Teething?!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 22:44:11 pm »
Hi!

Surprisingly it didn't go bad at all. I ended up just letting him sleep as much as he wanted so it did push bed time really back to almost 9:45 pm. I thought I would have a disastrous night but instead had a pretty normal night. He woke up only an hour later than usual so it didn't mess us up like I thought it would. He woke up in a happy mood too so I guess he had enough sleep. Today his naps went back to the usual lengths so maybe it was his 9 month growth spurt?

Jennifer xx