Author Topic: Out & About  (Read 1387 times)

Offline babyg15

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 07, 2016, 01:41:54 am »
My baby is 12 weeks, although she was premi so she's 7 weeks adjusted.

So in that age bracket, 7-12 weeks.. any suggestions for when the best time to get out of the house is while following EASY?

Whether it's for a walk, or a car trip to the shops, visit at a friends.. should this be during A or S time?

When I put her in the pram, she usually nods off for a very short nap.. so I hate the thought of the pram time taking away from her A time?

Feeling trapped  :-X

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Out & About
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 10:55:36 am »
It's no good feeling trapped :(  Getting out an about is so good for you!

A couple of options I can suggest:
- make it the same time (roughly) each day so that your predictable routine includes a trip out.  Whether this is A or S time doesn't really matter, you will adapt the routine around it.  You might end up with a pram/car nap habit this way but from my experience habits are made per-nap, so if you do it at the same time/nap each day you are always able to get out at that time and LO will still learn to self settle in the cot at home for the other naps.  My DS wouldn’t sleep in the pram and I had times I kind of wished I'd got into a pram habit from earlier one to allow us a bit more freedom.  Later he got used to car naps which was very helpful, they were short but at least we got out - and he retained his ability to self sooth in his cot for a full 2hr morning nap.
- when mine had a short A and was having short naps too I got out by preparing everything during the morning nap, then I'd stand by his cot ready for him to wake and literally lift him straight into the sling, pick up my bag and get out the house. I did E and nappy change a short while later once we got to the park, at least I felt like I'd seen a tree, got some air and heard the birds sing.  I had to head back home almost as soon as E and nappy change was done because he had to be in his cot for the next nap, it was a tricky phase for us with the short A and short S but it was worth it to get out.

hope this helps some :)

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Out & About
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:14:36 pm »
I'm generally out for the first nap, with a bit of A either side and possibly a feed in there.

Sometimes we are out for his catnap too, and I find that helpful for getting him to sleep as he's starting to fight that one.

It's about timing. If you're ok with her napping on the go (mine naps well in the sling) then head out just before you think she needs to sleep. A time in the pram is fine too, once she's woken up.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015