Author Topic: Bottle teat collapsing but next size too fast  (Read 2611 times)

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Bottle teat collapsing but next size too fast
« on: March 25, 2016, 06:30:12 am »
Hi ladies11

What do you think I should do for DD who is almost 6 months (on the 7th April)? I've changed her bottle and teat to MAM size 2 but she keeps collapsing the teat and I have to break the seal and let the bubbles flow back through the bottle. I've been trying the next size up and it's just far too fast for her and she cries and won't even suck because the milk practically pours in. I'd changed her from her Pigeon bottles which had a variflow teat because she's just been so fussy and not drinking (although this is no unusual, she's been pretty bad at drinking since she was born!!).

I don't have the $$ to keep trialling new bottles at this stage. Should I just vent the bottle accordingly and let her continue on this teat or keep trying her with the fast flow?

Many thanks,
Laura.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Bottle teat collapsing but next size too fast
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 13:18:25 pm »
Hi sweetie, bumping this up, will go find someone who knows what ther talking about in terms of bottles (not me LOL!)

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Bottle teat collapsing but next size too fast
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 14:35:54 pm »
I'm really sorry - I thought I'd answered your post :-[

I would stick with the faster teat, if she is collapsing the no2 it's too slow for her. If she is finding the next one too fast you can keep her more upright when you feed her until she adjusts to the flow as keeping her more upright will give her more control. It doesn't usually take them long to adjust.

HTH!

Laura