Author Topic: 45 minute naps - interfering with feeds {12 week old baby #2}  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Berkshire Mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0

I have been following an EASY with my son since he was 3 weeks old and generally we are doing well :) We are currently on a 3 hour EASY. However, he has started to wake from naps at the 45 minute mark (sleep cycle transition). With a toddler in tow, resettling has become very difficult and after the 10/15 minute mark we usually stop. I don't mind the 45 nap -  I know it's not the best. However our biggest issue is, after waking at 45 minutes, my little one is happy for a few minutes then becomes very cranky and appears to be cuing for food (only 2hours and 15 minutes after last feed). When we are out and he sleep in the pram/carseat or on the odd occasion where he has slept for longer he fits the 3 hour EASY well.
Does anyone have any types on how to combat a) the 45 minute nap b)changes to feeds after early waking?

Thank you in advance :)

Our typical routine:

E - 7am
A - 7.20 - 8am
S - 8.10 - 8.55
Factious until next feed

E  - 10am , 1pm, 4pm,
A/S As above
Factious until next feed

E 6pm cluster
A
S 7ish cat nap (30 minutes)
A
E 8.30 bed time feed
S 9.00 - 7.00 ( no feeds settles at 4ish and 6 ish with a dummy)

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: 45 minute naps - interfering with feeds {12 week old baby #2}
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 14:07:01 pm »
A lot of stuff happens at 12 weeks. It was a mess for us,with reflux complicating the problem.

This is our story, in case you find something in there helpful: How Tracy Helped Josie and her Family Get Past 45-Min. Naps!

This was my first, so I didn't have an older child to keep happy at the time, but hopefully something here will still be usable for you. :)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 18:32:35 pm »
A touch more A time may help - this is a great link to refer back to: Average A times- BOOKMARK ME! . In general I found a slightly UT nap impossible to resettle but a slightly OT one a bit easier, so I'd try a little push of 10 mins or so and see if that helps x

Offline Berkshire Mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 20:24:48 pm »
Ah thank you both for your replies. That link is fab- i'll try for a little more awake time :)