Author Topic: Night waking lasting 3 hours?!  (Read 840 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: April 23, 2016, 23:34:47 pm »
Last night my 34 mo lo went to bed usual time at 730 and woke at 1030 looking around for possibly his pillow or his lovey couldn't really tell on the monitor but I went in to help him as it was taking him some time and I didn't want him to fully wake up. But when I went in he got upset and started crying when I went to leave. So I stayed for a bit trying to figure out what was wrong tried to leave again with no luck but the longer I stayed in the chair the more awake he became and I kept finding him standing next to my bed and I'd have to walk him back to bed. At this point he wasnt upset anymore but couldn't fall back to sleep. He was up until about 130!! Then tonight he went to bed early since he was exhausted from a terrible night but again when I went to leave the room he got upset and I had to stay until he fell asleep. This happened once before a few months ago and I had to stay in the room until he fell asleep for 2 weeks and then he just wanted me to leave the light on and door open. But I can't figure out what is going on this time. Any suggestions? This is a child who always sleeps soundly through the night 12 hours.

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Night waking lasting 3 hours?!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:50:28 am »
Tbh I would have left him to it if he wasn't calling/crying for you (I have gone in before when DD3 was partly awake and made things so much worse!).  I imagine it is just a developmental blip and if the last one passed in 2 weeks time then I would just support him through it knowing there is most likely an end in sight.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:32:42 pm »
I think that was it ..... I made it worse! 3 hrs was a long time to be up ugh