Author Topic: Continue dream feed?  (Read 918 times)

Offline Tabathagucci

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Continue dream feed?
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:24:06 pm »
LO is almost 15 weeks and we started a dream feed 4 nights ago.  First night she woke again at 3:15, second night 3, third night 3:45 and tonight 4:20.  So she's moving later and later which is good.  However, before starting the dream feed she would typically go till 3 or 4 and occasionally (once or twice) 5 or 6.  So it seems she was moving toward STTN.  A few days before we started the dream feed she went back to waking earlier, as early as 12:30 but usually between 1:30-3:30.  So my question is, should I continue the dream feed for a few days and see where it goes or try without it for a day or two and see where that goes.

I stared it based on my sleep coaches' recommendations but it's a hassle because I used to be in bed by 9 and now I'm staying up later to pump and going to bed 45-60 minutes later while my husband gives the bottle.  So I'm actually getting less sleep now than I was before starting the dream feed....

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Continue dream feed?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 18:27:28 pm »
Honestly if it were me I wouldn't bother  :P never did one myself with either of mine and unless it's getting you more sleep I don't see the point!!  But there is an argument for saying persist a while longer and see if it settles down a bit, you may just need to play around with timings etc.  Trust your instinct on it - you may have a sleep coach but whatever they say, she's your baby and you know her best :D xx

Offline Tabathagucci

• Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Continue dream feed?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 19:52:58 pm »
Thank you!!