Author Topic: BT battles and EW 3 years and 8 months  (Read 822 times)

Offline theu.s.lees

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
BT battles and EW 3 years and 8 months
« on: May 25, 2016, 14:32:08 pm »
Hello! DD is going to outgrow this board in a few short months. That makes me sad! I feel like I was just announcing her birth.

Anyway, we are having some struggles with DD. She gave up napping last summer though she still will fall asleep if in the car anytime between 1 and 5pm. She could stand to nap every few days as she gets so fussy and cranky. Often on the weekends, DH will take her grocery shopping (bonding time) and sit in the parking lot so she gets a little nap and can return to a sane human being. But every other day, I need to be home for YDD to nap so I can't be driving ODD around.

Lately, she's been stalling majorly for BT. No matter what we do. I get that's the age, but it just means that she's not asleep until 8 or 8:30 but then is waking up at 6:15/6:30 every morning. She used to climb into our bed and fall back asleep, but the past week or so, she climbs in and reads her book or is up. While she may seem okay, by about noon she's a disaster.

Any ideas?

Her day is WU around 6:15 and BT at 7:45pm-8pm (We start BT routine around 7:30-7:45pm)

Thank you!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: BT battles and EW 3 years and 8 months
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 19:10:49 pm »
I remember this phase so well, and honestly think it was developmental and time just fixed it.

I'd try an EBT in case your missing the sleep window and the BT faffing is OT. With WU of 6.15 and no nap is be doing a 6.30/7 BT latest x
Zoe

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
Re: BT battles and EW 3 years and 8 months
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 09:09:42 am »
Right there with you! DS is the same age and really needs an extra hour overnight than he seems to want to have! The bedtime stalling antics are insane at the moment and definitely developmental here.
 I offer him the opportunity for up to 11.5/12 hrs ONS but often nearer 10/10.5/11 which makes him a bear after a few days!
An EBT every few days seems to do the trick and we will suddenly get a really long night but then the night after he won't go to sleep or wakes early so we are a bit stuck in a cycle but the EBT is keeping us all sane!
I have found he will sometimes nap late morning in the car on a weekend on the way back from shopping for 1/2hr sand then go to bed as usual. Afternoon naps - even 20 mins - are a no go!
A trying phase!!!