Author Topic: 18 month sleep regression?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:36:18 am »
My dd is 17 and a half months. She has started waking at 5.30. If I get her a bottle of milk she goes back to sleep. If I don't that will be her wake up time. This has only been for a week. But even if she goes back to sleep it will be 6 or 6.15 by the time she does and it's too close to dd1s wu time for me to go back to sleep so all week I've had 5.30 starts to my day and it's tiring. But last night for the first time she wouldn't go to sleep either. She was awake until almost 10pm. She woke again at 3 talking for a while then went back to sleep. And woke again at 4.30am talking for a while, tried to go back to sleep but couldn't. I made her a bottle at 5am and she went back to sleep. I actually gave her paracetamol with at 5 in case she's in pain but I don't think she is really. She has all of her teeth. If it is the 18 month sleep regression do you just ride it out?
I know people will have a problem with my 17 month drinking a bottle of milk but I don't. She has 2 bottles a day. A big one in the morning which used to be at 7 but this week has been earlier. And about 2oz at bedtime. She's not that interested in that bottle so I may drop that one. She will only drink water from her cup. Refuses milk.
Her day used to be 7 or 7.30 wu
Nap around 1 for about 2 hours
Bed time 8
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:43:38 am by sunflower321 »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 18 month sleep regression?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 18:55:45 pm »
Hi yes it sounds a bit like the SR, other thing that might help is trying an earlier bedtime as all the wake ups will make her OT and then that in turn will me her wake at night more too, if that makes sense!?
Zoe

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 22:38:04 pm »
It seems to be a SR alright. We went out for dinner tonight which is a rare occurrence. I put her to bed before I left and waited til she was asleep. We got home half an hour ago at 11pm and she was sitting on my mam's lap in the sitting room. I brought her up to bed and she kept pointing at my face saying eyes, nose, mouth etc She's still awake in bed talking about peppa. It's as if there's too much going on in her little brain for sleep. Would you say let her nap as long as she wants during the day to make up? How long do SRs usually last?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 18 month sleep regression?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 06:19:50 am »
I'd prob let her nap 2.5 hours and bring BT bit earlier, you don't want her thinking she can catch up in the day of that makes sense lol x
Zoe