Author Topic: Any suggestions for hyper behavior and bedtime struggles ?  (Read 5589 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: Any suggestions for hyper behavior and bedtime struggles ?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 12:32:37 pm »
Ha I sure hope you are right! I went into his room at almost 830 this morning and opened his window. He literally started throwing pillows and stuffed animals at me yelling like a teenager. But how can I let him sleep that late and expect him in bed by 8 at the latest at night. ?!! Ugh tomorrow starts camp (which is only two days Tuesday and Thursday's ) but we will see if his schedule might change on his own. Thanks again

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 11:48:46 am »
After a big day yesterday and waking him easily at 730 he was fast asleep at 730 pm!! This morning he's still asleep at 745 so I think I'll need to wake him by 8 in order to get a decent bedtime again and an easy wake up tomorrow morning too. Camp is only two days a week so it's not like we will have a chance to get on a new routine. I just don't want each day to differ too much with bedtimes of 730 or 830 that's a big difference.

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 12:02:25 pm »
^^ if it's just 2 days/week then maybe on camp days you'll just have to (maybe) wake him in time, and then do a slightly earlier bedtime if he's tired.  I'm sure it will even out over the week though and a slightly different WU and BT on camp days shouldn't be too big an issue.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 12:06:37 pm »
True but today he's fast asleep I feel bad to wake him if he's tired from yesterday but if I don't we get back into that late bedtimes and hard to wake tomorrow morning.

Offline cath~

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 12:13:59 pm »
Maybe decide a latest time you'd let him sleep until (8.00 or 8.15?) and then adjust bedtimes accordingly (if needed)?
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 13:33:32 pm »
Good idea! Today I woke him around 810 so we will aim for 8 bedtime ( which always takes him a bit to fall asleep lately) yesterday he fell right to sleep at 730! It was great

Offline cath~

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2016, 13:37:05 pm »
I love those kinds of bedtimes!  ;D
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2016, 00:49:00 am »
Anytime lo goes to bed after 8 it takes forever to fall asleep!! It's almost 9 pm and he's still awake rolling around. I feel like it happens everytine. Whenever he goes to bed for 730 he falls right to sleep. Can that make any sense? Tomorrow morning I need to wake him for school which is going to be rough!

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 02:54:17 am »
It sounds like he gets a second wind if you don't get him down soon enough. I'm the same, and so's my husband.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 15:52:55 pm »
I think you are right!  Although today he woke up at 7:30 on his own which she hasn't done in a very long time !!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 11:31:04 am »
So I started waking him for school at 730 and he started waking some days on his own ( not everyday and not on school days). So we started doing earlier bt by 730 and he's been going to bed well. Do the kid schedule of 8/830 am-8/830 pm changed to 730/8 am wake up to 730/8 bedtime. But the past few days he's waking on his own starting at 730/715/7 and today was 615!!! Help!! Why is this happening? People would tell me he might start napping again once he starts school or going to bed earlier from being exhausted. But that's not happening at all. We are going from a 12 hour night to an 11 hr or less. What time will I even put him to bed tonight?! Ugh

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2016, 11:59:41 am »
After waking up at 615 and having an all day bday party he started falling asleep in couch at 430 I managed to keep him up and he went to sleep around 715/730 and up today at 7!after being exhausted. It seems he's doing 11 hours average at night now since I've been waking him in morning. Wonder why he doesn't do the 12 hours anymore especially since he started camp twice a week. He's sleeping less!!

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2016, 12:17:31 pm »
It may have something to do with the long summer days. Is he getting lots of outdoor time in daylight during the day? Bright light during daytime (and dimmer light closer to bedtime) can help prompt the body to release melatonin on a better schedule.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2016, 20:19:25 pm »
Yes plenty of outdoor daytime and trying to make it as dark as we can in living room didn't tv show before tub but it is hard being that it's light out until 9. But his room is always dark. Going to just keep an earlier bedtime when he wakes at 7 I'll aim for 730 bedtime and just hope he doesn't wake 11 hours later at 630!