Author Topic: Is dreamfeed working?!  (Read 934 times)

Offline Rupi_no1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 12, 2016, 03:46:19 am »

Talk Sleep
How do you know if dreamfeed works?!3
Yesterday 22:57 KaransMom

Ok so 3 month old sleeps at 8pm after bottle, book and bath. We dreamfeed at 10pm (no waking) and he only goes to 2/3am. All sleep training is telling me that he should now be sleeping longer as hes "tanked up" - at least till 6/7am. Is the dreamfeed working, am i doing something wrong? Why isnt he sleeping longer yet?  The room is dark, no light nor noises.  He will have his night feed generally go back to bed but wake at 5.30am but hes not hungry? Its tough to get him to sleep until his 7am feed. Any advice?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Is dreamfeed working?!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 18:49:55 pm »
Hi there, honestly at 3 months I think you have very good nights. It not unusual for a couple of night feeds at this age.

Have you tried without DF to see when wake up for night feed is?
Zoe

Offline Rupi_no1

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 02:52:15 am »
Yes i tried and if he goes down at 8pm he will wake at 12.30am.
Last few nights hes waking up more.
Ive been logging his daytime naps and he only sleeps about 3 or 4 hours :(

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 07:54:11 am »
I still DF at 4.5 months we get NW anywhere for a feed between 2-4am.

This gives you a guide to sleep needed Typical Amounts of Day and Night Sleep

What does his day look like?
Zoe

Offline irinaandjacob

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 18:33:16 pm »
hi, i did DF from the very beginning. my baby is now 4m1w old. around 3m he was waking at 2-3 to eat and sometimes at 4-5. i did not bother much about it, but closer to 4 months, he started to wake up only once, and when he woke up more times, i'd use pu/pd to get him back t sleep.

for a few nights, i would wake up, at 3, or 4, or 5 AM, and have my breasts leaking and i was confused/worried that my baby has not woke up, i was picking him up and breastfeeding. but then, in the morning he would not eat as he should... last night, we had a harder time going to sleep, he ate at 6.30 then 8pm and fell asleep at 10pm. so, i decided to skip the DF... he slept until 6AM...

so i guess, there is good news for me, that my baby is ready to sleep all night, and yes, dreamfeed really works, just keep on a little longer :)

Offline Palmira78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 07:47:28 am »
Rupi_no1, you are a very lucky person and you do not even know it!. You are missing perspective. Your 3 month year old baby is sleeping extremely well.
My advice is to be patient, your baby needs some extra months to be able to have longer stretches of sleep. Also, at 3 months old I think that you can skip the book in your night routine, he is too small for that.
I am a mum of 2 children, one 3 year old textbook boy and a 7 months old spirited baby.