Author Topic: 4 mo old still on a 2-3 mo schedule  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Jo16

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 30, 2016, 14:33:42 pm »
I am totally in a spaghetti bowl of confusion! I don't know what to start fixing!! The E? The A? We need better S! Someone please help :(

So I'm coming to realize I've had my DD on the wrong schedule for a long time, and that's probably why she's napping 45 min every nap as well as waking in the night at midnight and 4/5ish.

Here's our current schedule

7 wake and feed
8 nap
I won't bother to put any more nap times because they are so chaotic.
Basically I have her on a 2.75 feeding schedule. Not even a 3 hr!!
Bedtime is 7p

How do I start working towards a better schedule??

Good thing is that she sleeps from bedtime to about midnight or 1am...that's a solid 6-7 hr! But then wakes at 5:30a.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 4 mo old still on a 2-3 mo schedule
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 14:45:37 pm »
You need to stretch your A times, they ar way too short for a 4 month old. GO to the EASY forum and look at some sample schedules there for a 4 month old. Typtically they are doing 2hrs. She's waking at 530 becuase she's probably in a UT/OT loop. 10.5hr night is also very normal if she's getting a lot of day sleep. Is she going back to sleep at 530 as you say her wake is 7am?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Jo16

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 15:25:26 pm »
Yes she goes back to sleep, if I feed her, but she only eats for 5min so I know she's not HUNGRY. I think it's just a way to soothe back to sleep.

I understand I need to tweak things, but how suddenly and what do I tweak first? Also confused about A times...when do you start counting down the minutes to calculate A time?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 4 mo old still on a 2-3 mo schedule
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 16:28:58 pm »
That's a tough one, you could always do PU/PD for that waking at 530 BUT if she's UT it won't work. My suggestion is keeping up the prop of feeding back to sleep for now while working on her A times. I would stretch that first nap. Maybe 15min every few days depending on how much she can handle? Mine could handle longer tweaks so I went 30mins at a time but I don't know your lo. There is also a huge sleep regression right at 4 months so keep that in mind. But I would stretch her out to at least a 2hr awake time.

Here is the link to sample routines: chronological EASY samples, 4-6 months
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**