Author Topic: Formula question- supplementing and sensitivities  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Formula question- supplementing and sensitivities
« on: July 09, 2016, 00:43:15 am »
My DD is 5 months and I've been having to supplement here and there towards the end of the night when my supply is low. I've eliminated all dairy, soy, wheat and eggs because she's so sensitive. I've been supplementing with Nutramagen ready to feed when I'm low and it seems to be working okay but I was wanting to try a non hypoallergenic formula to see how she responds to it.

Anyone made the switch from Nutramagen to something similar but non hypoallergenic? Any suggestions?

My DS was on Gerber Soothe powder form. My DD doesn't handle powder form very well they few times we've tried so I'll probably stick with the ready to feed, I just don't know which brand to try.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Formula question- supplementing and sensitivities
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 11:53:09 am »
To be honest if she is sensitive enough that you need to do an elimination diet I would stick to the hypoallergenic formula. A lot of babies seem to grow out of intolerances around the year mark so I'd wait until then rather than upsetting her system by adding in milk proteins now.

You could always speak to a dietician for better advice.

Laura

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Formula question- supplementing and sensitivities
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 19:28:09 pm »
Thank you!
She doesn't seem to have allergies. I just eliminated everything so be safe. Wasn't worth the food to hurt her belly. I haven't reintroduced anything yet in fear I may hurt her tummy.

I figured the formula will be in such small amounts- 2-4 ounces a day max. But you're probably right. I'll stick with it. Thank you