Author Topic: 5.5 mo old refusing morning nursing  (Read 1269 times)

Offline katiebee18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5.5 mo old refusing morning nursing
« on: July 13, 2016, 14:27:08 pm »
My 5.5 month old will usually get up for his last night feed (he only eats one side at night) around 5-6:30 AM and sleeps until 7:30-8:15 AM most mornings

Around 8-8:30 AM I try and feed him and for the last few days he has been crying when I put him in nursing position and won't eat.

Yesterday he didn't really eat until like 10:30 or 11!

I have a low supply so I worry about this making it worse. I have been taking domperidone which helps my supply a lot but if I take it at my usual morning time and he won't eat, then I am full and worry about clogged ducts. If I don't take it, I won't be as full when he does eat and then he often won't eat much because he gets frustrated when he has to work hard for the milk.

So I can't win!

I don't remember this with my other 2, but is this a typical thing around this age?

He still eats quite often during the day (2-2.5 hours is the most common), so that is why I am really puzzled since he only had a half feeding and should be hungry 2-4 hours later.

He does hold on to burps for a long time, so sometimes he won't eat because of that but I burped him well the last few mornings and don't think that is the issue.

He still spits up some, I have suspected reflux but he gains weight so the doc doesn't want to medicate him.

Also, I am dairy free (and mostly soy free) too.

Thanks!

Offline N_Mom_S

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:58:18 am »
Could it be teething? Mine started around that age and he sometimes refused specific feeds.
Other than that I don't know, would it be possible for you to change that last night feed so that it's not so close to his morning feed?

Offline katiebee18

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 5.5 mo old refusing morning nursing
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 17:56:03 pm »
Possibly but he does seem hungry when he wakes up. Last few days I haven't been feeding him right away, not sure that that has solved the issue. I guess time will tell.