Author Topic: Help! Trying to start EASY  (Read 1234 times)

Offline 02aimee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:48:46 am »
Hello hopefully helpful mumas!
I have a beautiful 6 week/4 day old boy who I am now trying to start the EASY routine with. I totally get and agree with the idea in theory but am having some trouble implementing it and wondering if someone could offer any advice (please!). The main problems
I am having are; baby wakes to poo, baby won't go to sleep and baby wakes after one sleep cycle. I am wondering what to do when this happens and where does it leave me in terms of EASY? If baby wakes early and I can't settle him, or if he wakes to poo which means he wakes crying and strains etc until he succeeds! So I miss out the next activity since he is effectively overtired? Do I wait to feed him as he would have only fed an hour or less ago and if I do so and keep him away am I making him overtired again? Just after some beginners help!
Thank you :)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Help! Trying to start EASY
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 14:48:00 pm »
Hi and welcome to BW!  Starting EASY as early as possible is fantastic but don't stress if things don't fall into place right away! At 6 week you are looking at an A time of about an hour or a touch more, so not much more than a feed and a short activity time.  If you don't get a good nap - babe wakes after 30 or 45 minutes- then try to resettle (I usually found that it took a good 15 minutes) but if it doesn't work then just start the next A time.  Your EASY can end up looking like E-A-S-A-E-S but that's okay.  If that is the case just try to have a tiny activity between the E and S, even a diaper change will do so LO doesn't associate the feeding and sleeping together.