Author Topic: How to start with 10 week old  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Traceface

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 18, 2016, 13:03:40 pm »
Hi. I'm new to baby whisperer but have started to read posts and it makes so much sense. The trouble is I don't know where to start. I haven't yet purchased the book as I haven't been getting time to read.

Lo is 10 weeks and breast fed. We take her up for bed at 730 and she often doesn't sleep until 9 or 10. I go to bed at 8 and oh does first feed then settles her in with me. Last two nights she is stretching to 3.5 or 4 hours between feeds. No set get up time in the morning.

Daytime has no routine, max 2 to 3 hours between feeds and naps are few and far between.

Can anyone help with where to start as I'd love to get this working :)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: How to start with 10 week old
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 13:38:31 pm »
Sorry this was missed! The best way to start is just to try to follow the EAS pattern and manage A times.  It is okay if WUs vary.  At 10 weeks you are looking at an A time of around 1hr 15mins, so after WU you would feed (which counts as A time) and then have an activity period, and start wind down about 10mins before you want LO to be asleep.  That can consist of swaddling, closing blinds etc.  If a nap is shorter than 1.5hrs (many wake at the 30 or 45min mark) then try to resettle using shh/pat. 

These are some great links to help you get started:

Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!
Sample EASY Routines from 0 - 13mths+
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 13:40:15 pm by Lindsay27 »