Author Topic: 9mo has bitten my only working boob to shreds!! Won't take bottle!  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Wondergem

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My 9mo son has recently had 5 teeth come through within a week and has decided to bite my only working nipple (right boob stopped producing milk a couple of months ago strangely!) to shreds and now it's too sore to feed him. Only problem is he won't take a bottle so not sure what to do as he is going to have to go cold turkey from breastfeeding (I think it's time to stop anyway as he uses me more as a comforter and relies on my boob way too much but that's another topic altogether! Plus starting back at work next week and can't express enough to ride him over which I am fine with). Anyone got any advice? Worried the next week will be awful if I can't give him milk. He is a very chunky young baby with a hearty appetite and eats three large meals a day and my milk doesn't satisfy him enough anymore but obviously I want to get something into him!

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: 9mo has bitten my only working boob to shreds!! Won't take bottle!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 19:24:33 pm »
He's old enough for a cup; could you express and feed him that way?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 9mo has bitten my only working boob to shreds!! Won't take bottle!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 22:04:10 pm »
Breast milk (or formula) should be the main source of nutrition until 12mo so he's too young to just drop it. He's unlikely to get what he needs from less than 3 or preferably 4 BFS a day at this age.   A cup is a great idea  or you can put breast milk in cereal and other soils.

What about nipples shields?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011