Author Topic: Waking early before feed time  (Read 847 times)

Offline Rhiannasummer

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 05, 2016, 13:45:41 pm »
Hi all

My 8 week old little boy is now napping really well during the day (having previously refused to nap during the day). However now we don't seem to be following the EASY routine.

He will eat, have a little activity, clearly become tired so I put him down and then goes to sleep fairly quickly. However he seems to wake 30-40 mins before his next feed is due. I therefore give him some extra play time to stretch him out until his feeding time.

He doesn't wake hungry and is happy and smiley so he seems to be getting enough sleep.

Do I just carry on with this or try to stretch out his initial play time after feeding even though he is clearly getting tired.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kerry

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Waking early before feed time
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 13:59:27 pm »
How long is he awake before he starts getting cranky? Can you post your current schedule, including any habitual night wakings?

Offline Rhiannasummer

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 14:46:31 pm »
Thanks for getting back so quickly.

His current schedule is feeding every 3 hours (ish) starting from 6am. His awake time is  for about an hour and a half before he gets sleepy (clearly sleeply as well as he will be yawning his head off and gets sleepy eyes!). He then sleeps for around an hour each time (varies however). Wakes happy and smiley and is chattering away in his Moses.

The three hour schedule leads up to 6pm. At 5ish we take him up for bath and wind down and then feed at 6pm and put him to bed. He then sleeps through to 10pm at which point we dream feed him.

He then wakes up once at night around 3-4am and then we all get up at 6am.

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Waking early before feed time
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 19:27:50 pm »
Can't stay long but instead of upping his A time for now I'd look more at extending his nap. Will try to remember to get back later with some specifics, but in general if you can be there around the 40-45 minute mark when he stirs and resettle him before he can wake fully/notice you, that might help.

The 4AM waking might be interfering as well. Does he take a dream feed? Have you tried one?