Author Topic: tried dream feed for a week  (Read 972 times)

Offline sisi1986

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:39:40 am »
Hello
my dougter is 5 months old and used to wake up around 2am and 4 pm after I fed her at 7pm. Sometimes she woke 3 times at night and I fed her every time.
After I red the whisperer baby book I started to dream feed her a week ago and not fed her at night at all until 6-7 am. At first night she woke up at 3am and cried. At the nights after that she still woke up at around 3am but not cried. She was complaining every 10-20 minutes until 6am and I had to give her pacifier and tried to calm her and to get her back to sleep but with no success. I'm worried that maybe she is hungry at that hour and if I should feed her because I'm no sure if she eats enough at the dream feed. She stops after 7-10 minutes and get back to sleep. She weights 6.1KG.
Do you have any advice? 

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: tried dream feed for a week
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 10:08:28 am »
It is perfectly normal at 5 months to need a NF or 2 even with a DF.  The DF is not intended to necessarily allow a baby to STTN with no NF, it is intended to skip the 1/2am feed and move onto the 3/4am one.  It does sound like she is hungry if she wakes at 3am and is complaining every 10-20mins, that is definitely a hunger sign if she doesn't settle, so please go ahead and feed her :) My guess is she'll feed nicely and be straight back to sleep in no time, which means more sleep for baby and mommy.

Offline sisi1986

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 11:56:45 am »
Thanks. I tried that for 2 nights already. At first night I fed her at 4am and after that she fell asleep until 6am.
At the second night I fed her at 3:40am and she fell asleep until 5am. Then she kept complaining and at 6am I put her to sleep on her tummy and she fell asleep until 7am.
I'll try this a few more nights and see what happens.