Author Topic: 10 mo habitual EW  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Katrix

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
10 mo habitual EW
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:19:51 am »
Good morning,

I don't know if it has anything to do with anything we did but my 10 mo girl finally started sleeping trough the night. Wohooo! 
We still have one issue left, she wakes around 4.30 -5 and then goes on and off until 7 when is her first feed. I can imagine it is because the last night feed we cut out was the 5am one. For about 3 weeks now she is getting her first breast at 7 Am every day. That helped with her daily routine and naps etc and she is in bed by 20.00.
Her day looks like that
7 breast
9 breakfast
10. 30 -11.30 nap
13.00 lunch
15.00-15.30 nap till 16.30-17.00
17.00 solids
20 Bedtime

Me and my husband take turns when she wakes crying and hold her till she calms down. She then sleeps again for 10-20-30 min and wakes again and the story repeats. I don't feed her anymore but I feel guilty because I know she can smell the milk and it feels like teasing her.
I tried wake to sleep a few days in a row and it's not working.
Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: 10 mo habitual EW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:00:36 pm »
Have you tried pushing that first nap a touch later? EW often happens when the first nap of the day is too early. The fact it's also only an hour long (unless you wake her then?) suggests she may need an A push.
Lauren

Offline Katrix

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 10 mo habitual EW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 03:29:12 am »
Hi Lauren,

Thanks a lot. She sometimes sleeps for 1.5h or 2 and I have to wake her up. It's her afternoon nap that's still floating depending on what time she woke up from the morning one.
when she wakes she oesn't fully cry, just makes a squeaky E-eeeeee noise, but when put back in the crib starts kicking and getting worked up. She does that when she didn't have enough sleep during her nap, I read it as she needs more sleep.

It's not hunger I hope.