Author Topic: What's a typical day for an 11 week old  (Read 4830 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: September 27, 2016, 13:39:42 pm »
What's a typical easy for an 11 week old? We are still all over the place with nap times etc but most of the time it looks sonething like this:

Awake 6/630
Feed 7
Nap 8-845 then have to wake to put in car seat to drop off big guy at school
He usually stays awake in the car and stays awake until next feed at 10
10 feed
1030-1130 nap this can be 45 mins or 2 hour nap
It's tricky of its a short nap save the feed isn't until 1
Back in car by 1245 for pick up
1 feed
2/230 nap same thing here can be a short 45 min or an 1.5 depending on morning nap
4 feed
Afternoon nap is tricky he doesn't usually fall asleep and is cranky. Sonetimes crashes for 30 mins around 430/5 and is ready for bed by 6/630
We start bedtime at 6 feed and put in bassinet for the night. Hell usually sleep through until 1 or even 2/230 then I feed and back to bed. Sonetimes he sleeps until 6/630 and then awaje for day sometimes he's up at 530 for day and that's an early start.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
Re: What's a typical day for an 11 week old
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 13:36:32 pm »
This little guy barely naps! Yesterday he did a 1 hr nap and then 30 mins late in the day! It's so hard when you have a baby that's awake most of the day! I've also noticed the earlier he goes to bed at night the longer that first stretch is. If he goes down 6/630 he sleeps until 2/230 then awake again around 6 but when he goes down 630/7 ish he wakes at 1 then again at 5! Which throws off the whole morning because he's not interesting in that morning feed and I've got to get big brother off go school. He's also been awake about 2 hrs in the morning before first nap which is a short cn in the car. But then the whole easy routine is thrown off. He's getting tired before it's time to eat etc. I just can't seem to get a good routine here!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 18:49:56 pm »
1030-1130 nap this can be 45 mins or 2 hour nap
It looks like this one is likely to be a good place to keep encouraging a longer nap. I'd likely not bother worrying about the first nap being a CN as you will always have the school run there so until he can stay awake much longer and skip that morning nap it might just continue as a CN.
I just can't seem to get a good routine here!
You'll get there!
Really it looks like those naps are improving and the longer ones he is learning to sleep better in the day so it is all heading in the right direction. It's great you've worked out that an earlier Bt leads to a better longer night :)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 21:18:40 pm »
Today he did a cn in morning then 1 hr from 1130-1240 I had to wake him to go to school pick up and then 30 mins from 3-330! He was awaje the entire rest of the day! It's 515 now and he won't nap and just ate at 4 so this is where it gets tricky.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 22:23:24 pm »
I fed him and put him to bed at 6! If he naps more won't  he be able to stay up later ?

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 01:25:58 am »
What time is your afternoon school pickup? I agree with Creations that getting a long mid-day nap might be the best thing to aim for right now until A times increase and you are able to do morning nap after school drop off.  The 3-3:30 nap was likely OT. 

Could you aim for something like:

Nap 8-8:45
Nap 10:30-12
Nap 1:30-3
CN 4:30-5
BT 7

It's 4 naps but with drop offs/pick ups I'm not sure you can arrange it another way until A times are longer and you are likely through the 3-2.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 11:48:42 am »
I will give that a shot! Drop offs we leave the house at 845 get back around 915 ( he used to nap in morning but lately he won't fall asleep until 2 hrs after waking) tiday he woke at 7. Pick up we leave at 1245 back at 115. So I'll try to feed him as soon as we get home and put him for nap. When does the A time increase? I'm still trying to work on naps in crib where it will be darker and quieter but for now it's just easier for him to nap in swing where he can just swing until he's ready to fall asleep.
Today we have to be out of the house from 930-12! So we will just get some on the go sleep

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 13:56:42 pm »
When does the A time increase?
It's always kind of a gradual thing.  If you notice naps are getting shorter then that is usually a sign that A times need to move up.  I really found that naps didn't really settle into place with DD until around 4/4.5 months, or once we were on a 4hr EASY.  I think once you get to that stage you can work around the school drop offs more easily and get 2 solid naps + a CN.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 10:13:50 am »
Yesterday lo took a 2.5 hr nap from 2-430 pm! He tends to do this every few days after not napping well days prior. It's like he's catching up. But he ate at 630 went to bed woke at 12 which lately he is starting to do he used to wake at 2! Then up again at 3 and again at 6! Think it has something to do with that late long nap  or is he just in a growth spurt looking to eat more ?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 11:18:24 am »
He is already down for a nap though one hour later usually it's more like 1 hr 45 mins later. Guess he's tired from waking so much! Lol

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 11:40:08 am »
Hard to say, could have been the late nap, could have just been hunger.  12, 3, and 6 is not really abnormal I don't think.   Did he feed at each waking?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 11:59:51 am »
Yes accept the 6 I fed him at 630 as he doesn't usually want to eat when he first wakes. He normally goes to sleep at 6/630 doesn't wake until 1-2 am then again either 530-7 am. So the first wake around 11 the past few days is new. And the stretches in between are shorter. We are still struggling with the swaddling though. He fights to get his hand out so I unswaddle the hand but then sucking on it keeps him up?!! Lol

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 12:09:51 pm »
Hmmm growth spurt maybe? How have the last few days been?  Does he take a paci at all?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 13:54:50 pm »
I just posted a new question...

My 11 week lo went from sleeping 6-8 hr stretches st night to waking every 3 hrs!! I think it's related to be swaddled and getting one arm out at night. He never goes into that deep long sleep. Yesterday we had a very cranky ot baby all day who was hard to get to nap. We've tried not swaddling arms or one arm so he can get to his hands and then we've also swaddled again during the night just to get him back to sleep. We fed him a few times during the night not sure if he was hungry but how he eat every 3 hours for 24 hours?! This is also throwing off our easy during the day not knowing when he's hungry as he's not eating at some of the feeding but then only sleeping for 20 mins. Help this is throwing off any routine we had! Thus morning he woke at 545 and went down for nap at 7 he's just starting to wake at 10! 3 hour nap. He was up every 3 hrs all night.

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 15:33:55 pm »
If you think it's related to the swaddle then unfortunately there isn't much to do other than to ride it out.  Unswaddling is a process and does take time and will cause sleep disruptions.  We tried to do it at 4 months and DD just wasn't sleeping at all so we ended up keeping it to 5 months, and then the transition was seamless.  If he is taking full feeds at these wakings it could absolutely be hunger.  Is he bottle fed or BF?  If bottle fed is he draining the bottles during the day?