Author Topic: Proper use of shush pat  (Read 1011 times)

Offline AngeMullan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 11, 2016, 18:58:16 pm »
I have an 8 week old and we've been doing the EASY routine since day one. I did with my first too. This is different baby though and I'm needing to use more EASY tips to help her take longer naps. I'm doing shush pat to help get my touchy baby tired as a part of her evening routine. Is that okay or is that too much time spent with her in my arms? Also, do I use shush pat for the rest of the 90 min nap interval if she wakes at the 45 min mark or try it, and if it doesn't work, let her get up? Is taking her out of the crib/dark nursery room before the end of the 90 min nap time encouraging shorter naps in the long run? I'd love some advice on proper use of shush pat and how to help my 8 week old with napping. Thanks!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Proper use of shush pat
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 20:12:14 pm »
Hi there, I think at 8 weeks short naps are inevitable some days. Personally I never worried too much until after 12 weeks as so much goes on in the first weeks it's hard, but I'd prob try to get her through the jolts with some patting but if it fails go for a cuddle or feed and try again later.

With my first I would shush pat up on my shoulder until sleepy then put down and continue, with my second he just liked to be put down. If you can get them down semi awake great but don't give yourself arm ache patting for 90 mins Hun.
Zoe