Author Topic: is it habitual or hunger?  (Read 1493 times)

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
is it habitual or hunger?
« on: October 17, 2016, 13:36:54 pm »
Hi ladies. I wasn't sure if I should be posting this here or on EASY but since hes bf, I thought I would try here first.
I started my 16 wo son on EASY 2 days ago. We had done it when he was about 8 wo too, but  we found out that he has silent reflux and cows milk allergy so I wanted to get a handle on that before we started again.
Anyways, with following EASY, hes in bed around 7ish (he took to the routine pretty quickly and we are working from a 3 month routine to the 4 month), but wakes around every 3-4 hours a night to feed. He is breastfed exclusively. He is in the 95 percentile for weight for his age group, so its not like hes starving, but when he does wake, he DOES feed for the whole 20-30 minutes. I've tried the dream feed but every time I do it, he wakes up which is counter productive.
Should I just continue to feed him during these wake ups? Even though they are every 3-4 hours, they aren't always on a predictable hour so I cant really do wake to sleep. Should I do PU/PD?
Thanks!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: is it habitual or hunger?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 21:23:36 pm »
Sounds absolutely normal for a baby of 4 months. Given the wakings are at different times, they are most likely hunger rather than habit.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:15:00 am »
I completely agree with everything Bec said. Sounds absolutely normal.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline alwaystired

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 13:07:28 pm »
Thanks ladies. Last night he woke at 12:30 and nursed for 20 minutes. He then woke again at 5 and I tried the paci but he was not having it so I nursed him for 15 and stuck it back in his mouth once he was into using me as a human pacifier. I was pleasantly surprised when I went in at 7:10 to wake him this morning that he was already awake chatting to himself!