Author Topic: 3.5 month old, 45 minute intruder, still tired, EASY routine?!?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Bmacmama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3.5 month old, 45 minute intruder, still tired, EASY routine?!?
« on: October 21, 2016, 14:55:07 pm »
Hi there! I'm on baby #3 and clearly I am forgetting the ups and downs of nap schedule. Baby is happily on 4 a 4 hour feeding schedule, but her naps have now been plagued with the 45 minute intruder for at least a couple of weeks now and I can't figure it out. She goes down easily for her naps, swaddled and with a paci, but like clockwork she wakes after 45 minutes. She is clearly still tired - as soon as I put the paci back in her eyes roll back in her head and she is wanting to sleep, but for some reason can't get back to deep sleep and will maybe sleep for 30 mins, but wakes again same issue. I have tried cutting the awake time and adding to it but nothing seems to be working. Even a week ago she had a couple of *perfect* naps where she went down and then didn't get up until the next feeding, but this 45 minute intruder appears her to stay. Any advice is greatly appreciated -it's driving me (and probably her too!) nuts! I should mention that she goes to bed happily - swaddled and with paci - and is up for one night feeding, and I don't replace the paci when I put her back down at that point and she gets to sleep on her own. Here is her schedule/what's it's been for the last week or so...

W/E -7am
A 730-820/830
S 830-915 (crib)
*insert paci*
S 930 - 1020 (crib)
A 1030-11
E 11
S 12/1230- 130/145 (crib)
*insert paci*
S 130/145 -220 (crib)
A 220-3
E 3
S 4/430 - 5/515 (sometimes, like yesterday, she won't go down for her catnap, which is usually in the swing, but I think she's often OT by this point...)
A 5-615 (615 bath, pjs)
E 630
S 645/7 - ~3am
E - 3am
S 315-7am

Thoughts?? :)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: 3.5 month old, 45 minute intruder, still tired, EASY routine?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 05:11:11 am »
Hi!

Your routine looks pretty good. Short naps are quite common at this age. It sounds like it might be a sleep-cycle transition that's waking her. If she's reliably waking at 45mins, could you go into her room before then (e.g. At 35/40 mins) & replace the paci before she wakes?

Sometimes waking at 45minscan be an UT sign too but usually LOs don't restyle if UT, so I'd try the Pre-emotive paci replacement before making any change to her A times.

Hope that helps
Xx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD