Author Topic: 11.5 months old Sleep problem  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Charlyrose1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 08, 2016, 11:09:52 am »
Hi all,

Really hoping to get some advice asap. During the last few days my 11.5 month old boy has been waking and not settling back into his cot. I think he is teething but normally after milk and some nurofen, after about an hour he settles back down to sleep. I will rock him to sleep and pat him and he falls asleep and then i put him down in his cot with no problems..this would only take about an hour at the most. He is really heavy now and I am struggling to carry him and put him to sleep in the manner I described. Basically, I need help him to self soothe to sleep and need advice. These past days he has been more unsettled and I can't pace around the room with him, patting him to sleep for hours on end! For some reason, and I think it's something else other than teething he is just not settling and seems more aware when i leave the room and he is in his cot. Any advice, I am a bit desperate as last night was horrendous and we ended up having him in our bed. Thanks for reading. >:(

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: 11.5 months old Sleep problem
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 01:20:41 am »
Hi Hun, what makes you think it's teeth? Has he ever settled to sleep independently? Could you post an EASY for the last few days?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Charlyrose1

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 09:43:46 am »
Hi Skadiver13,

Thanks for the reply...I think it's his teeth as he is cutting a few at the side of the top 2 that have come through..he wakes with a cry that I recognise as a sign he is in some discomfort so assuming it's that! Yesterday went like this...

Wake: 7am
E: bottle & breakfast
S: 10:40
I then woke him up at midday to shorten the nap time to 1 hr as he has been sleeping for longer in the 1st morning nap..sometimes for 2.5 hours!
Wake: 12 and bottle and lunch
S: 3pm
Wake: 4:15
Bed at 8pm
He then woke this morning at 4am with the same kind of cry as if something was bothering him..I fed him 4 oz of milk and he settled in bed with us.

I plan to shorten the 2 naps to 45 mins each today ..what do you think?? he will go down for the first nap at 10:45 am this morning so his awake time will be 4 hours

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Up until 3 days ago he has been having equal nap times of about 1.5 hours and sleeping through the night even whenhe has been a bit poorly with a bad cold. I will say that cognitively he has come on within the last week or so and we have definitely seen a change. His motor skills have improved and he can recognise songs, swayin g to the music and pointing..maybe it ties in with a heightened awareness??

Offline Charlyrose1

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 09:46:05 am »
one more thing to mention actually...I always rock him to sleep with patting and humming and he ios getting so heavy I can't keep this up so he will need to learn to sleep without props pretty soon!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 11.5 months old Sleep problem
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 20:08:41 pm »
Hi,

He may be heading towards dropping his 2nd nap. I would keep one longer now and shorten the other one down otherwise he may get OT with 2 short naps.

I would also shorten how long you rock him right down now and get him into his cot much earlier. You can soothe/pat him in there to get him to sleep. Or just skip the rocking and get him in there after a nice cuddle.

Have you read up about Gradual Withdrawal? This would be best for you.

HTH