Author Topic: Where do I go from here? 2:1 transition  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Where do I go from here? 2:1 transition
« on: January 14, 2017, 20:42:35 pm »
My dd is 11 months old and her days look like this and work very well for now (except not very happy being woken up from the pm-nap but nothing a banana won´t fix :))

7:00 wu
10:45-12:15 S
15:5516:30 S
20:00 S

I´m wondering what the next step in the transition should be next time we need to increase her A-time as I was told not to put her bedtime past 8 at night. Should I cut the first nap shorter or push bedtime or are there other alternatives? Even with the short pm-nap I can´t put her to bed earlier (I´ve tried..) 
thankful for any input!

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Where do I go from here? 2:1 transition
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 21:00:29 pm »
Looking at her current routine, it looks like she is doing long am/short pm.  So usually with that pattern, the first nap gradually pushes later.  This means the second nap also gets later but often then needs to be cut shorter (so even just 15/20 mins, sometimes as short as 10/15 mins) to avoid BT getting too late (as A time is shorter after micro nap)

But if she is settled on current regime and still sleeping well at night, I wouldn't change her routine unless you're getting signs it's time for her  e.g. Resisting naps or BT, shorter first nap or EW.

You may already have read this link, but just in case you haven't: From 2 to 1 nap transition (10-12m and older)
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Aimi

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 10:29:30 am »
Thanks for your reply!
No I´m not changing anything at the moment! But I want to be prepared for when I have to as I wasn´t sure what to do next. I guess we´ll try with the 20 min nap next time but I dread waking her after that time.. For now I´m going to enjoy peace while it lasts..  ;)

Thank you!

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 20:39:34 pm »
Some LOs do just go straight from a longer nap and a 30min CN to one long nap and EBT..but probably not until nap gets much close to starting around 11.30/12.

If she hates being woken and you don't want to do a micro-nap, that could work when the time comes.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD