Author Topic: 9.5 month old routine  (Read 1859 times)

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: January 17, 2017, 21:08:13 pm »
Anyone else's 9.5 month old look like they are trying to drop to one sleep? My boy is easily staying awake 4-5 hours now.
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 9.5 month old routine
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 13:12:56 pm »
It's not uncommon to run into the beginnings of the 2-1 around 9-10 months. It can be a slow process to get there, average age for one nap is 15m, and LO likely won't be able to handle one nap every day just yet - but yes it could be the start :) have you seen the 2-1 support threads??

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 02:38:44 am »
Thanks Katherine. I'm managing the transition but the thread is helpful. I wasn't expecting it so early, my little one is jumping with awake times.
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 09:20:42 am »
Anyone else's 9.5 month old look like they are trying to drop to one sleep? My boy is easily staying awake 4-5 hours now.
Just popping in to say mine started to show signs at 9.5 months also. I was not expecting to read the 10-11 month FAQ about the 2-1 transition. I was so unprepared!
Mine only did the first A time as a super long one really, and after that needed shorter but the first A time was getting super long and making the rest of the day tricky.
We moved completely to 1 nap at 11-12 months, mine needed the consistency of the same routine every day although it wasn't easy, instead of his lovely 2hr nap he started 20 min naps and I had to hold him screaming, telling him it was still sleep time, for too long. I then figured out I could do a W2S every 20 mins through his nap until he got to the full 2hrs and that worked wonderfully as I only needed to be in the room about 2 mins to help him transition at the 20 min mark.  of course he eventually did the 2hrs on his own again.

Good luck!

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:33:10 am »
Thank you. That is very helpful. Actually my son is transitioning on his own without me doing much. He is staying awake longer and longer and showing very little in the way of needing or wanting more sleep. I'm following him and he's dictating how long a sleep he needs. A day or so ago he woke during day sleep but I held him back to sleep and we've had no issues with catnapping that I had when he was much younger. It seems to work for us, he sleeps well at night despite it being leap 7 of the wonder weeks and has been doing 1 long sleep during the day the last 4 days.... will keep you updated how he goes but he is showing me his tiredness and it's mainly 5 hours now....

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 08:37:20 am »
Sounds like you are doing great :)

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411