Author Topic: After illness  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Twosweetgirls

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 19, 2017, 19:55:34 pm »
So my 3 1/2 month old was doing pretty good. Down to one or
Two feeds at night, eating every 3 or 3 1/2 hours, falling asleep in bed with minimal help and in general a sweet happy textbook baby. Then she barely fed for a day and then for 1 1/2 weeks I had to convince her to feed and rock her to sleep because she was sick and our whole household was very sick. In the hospital for a few days and such. Now we are all basically better and my baby seems to be feeding without being convinced or cajoled. But now her schedule is so mixed up because she fed so much at night to catch up while th feeding. Any ideas how to put her back on schedule? It's like she feeds a bit all day and night. Thanks!!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 20:04:31 pm »
Awh hugs for the rough few weeks xxx

I would say she's just catching up plus there are pretty big growth spurts at 3 then 4 months where night feeds tend to increase again for a bit before things even out again.

Saying that it is possible to start working toward spacing feeds out a bit again so she doesn't become a snacker. How often is she feeding now?  Does she take a dummy?  Are you still having to feed to sleep?

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 00:45:19 am »
So she uses a dummy but Doesn't feed to Sleep. I struggle putting her down sometimes. Like she's way overtired. She's riled up but I've been doing the normal things. How to
I lengthen the feeds again?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 16:40:33 pm »
I would work out on average how often she's feeding and start trying to add 5 mins and work up to her going longer before feeds.

Do you want to post a typical day and I'll see does anything stick out routine wise? I know my OT babies always wanted to feed more often.

Offline Twosweetgirls

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 04:38:04 am »
Thanks. I think she Might be just doing a growth spurt like you said. I'll wait a bit and see if it evens out again. We had a better night a few days ago which gives me hope. And she's doing better at falling asleep. Thanks for the help and hope!!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 21:05:00 pm »
Glad things are starting to even out. These babies like to keep us guessing for sure. 

Just shout if things dont settle xx