Author Topic: Short naps in cot but can get longer in arms or pram  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Sunseashine79

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Short naps in cot but can get longer in arms or pram
« on: February 03, 2017, 09:55:40 am »
Hi All

I'm new to this forum, but I have a question. My LO is 5mths old (3mths corrected) he is doing really well and gaining weight beautifully!! His routine is as follows
6:00-7:00 get up and feed
8:30 first nap generally in car seat as have to take my daughter to school
9:30/10:00 wake
10:00/10:30 feed trying to push to 3.5hrs
11:30/12:00 2nd nap in pram (no walking ) and will sleep 1-2hrs if in cot I can only get 45mins
13:30/14:00 wake and feed
15:15 school run so currently naps in car for up to an hour
16:30/17:00 feed
18:00 bath time routine
18:30 top up feed
19:00 bed usually 5-10 mins to settled

Demand feed after, currently wake between 1:30 & 3am for feed and settled back. Then sometime can hear him stir anything between 4:30 and 6am but generally settles back to sleep. If not I do wait till at least 6am before getting up.

The naps during day for am/pm are fixed. The lunchtime one is like to try and get in the cot to help me! No sure what to do??

He is a textbook baby (we did the quiz again yesterday)

I'm open to any suggestions!!

Thanks

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Short naps in cot but can get longer in arms or pram
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 19:11:13 pm »
Hi and welcome  :)

You're on a good schedule for a 3 month old  :)

So he can transition between sleep cycles in the pram when it's not moving but not in the cot? I would say it's just a case of practice and persevering with cot naps. It will come with time  :)

Does he ever resettle with help after 45mins?

Lauren

Offline Sunseashine79

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 22:42:21 pm »
Thanks it's nice to know Ive a good routine going!

Yes in the pram he can transition between the cycles but the cot GeV just wakes about 40-35kns then that's it! Ive tried closing blinds & curtains but thought it can't be that hat as does it in day lights in pram!  I find it hard to resettle in the cot of wakes, if he is in me then I hold him and generally he goes through the cycle. Ive heard about a popping in to hold him or touch him just before the next cycle. Not sure on how to do?  I get concerned what to do if my attempt to settle in cot fails. Do I get him up and wakectill next sleeps again or do I take him out in pram to get another hour?

X

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 13:21:02 pm »
This link may help with the HTTJ (holding through the jolt) and wake to sleep. How do I address habitual wakings? (wake-to-sleep and other methods)

Maybe you could try making a best type thing in the cot as perhaps it's the fact it's a larger space that wakes him and he prefers the pram as its more snug?

I wouldn't put him in the pram for that nap and would just keep persisting with ssh patting him back to sleep. Have you tried a slightly longer A time after that 1st nap? Maybe he needs to be a little more tired to be able to resettle if he does wake after 40mins?
Lauren