Author Topic: 5 Month Baby waking for feed  (Read 4556 times)

Offline ljearnshaw

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 Month Baby waking for feed
« on: February 05, 2017, 21:58:46 pm »
Hello Everyone,

Not sure if this is for the Sleep or Eat board, its a little of both. Anyway I would love some guidance!

My almost 5 month old  is doing pretty well except for the fact that she still wakes around 2:30am every night and I'm wondering how to push that later. At first we wondered if it was a habitual waking but its never at the exact same time plus that 2:30am feed is often her best feed of all. She often feeds both sides so she obviously needs it. Im guessing I may need to tank up in the day?

We've been trying as best we can to have her on the EASY schedule since birth but I'm afraid to say with being the second child its not always perfect! We have a busy 2 year old who likes to get out so she has to be a little more adaptable. Heres her current EASY routine....

Thanks so much in advance!

E: 7:15am
A:
S: 9am-10am (Usually in crib. Woken after 1 hour, if left will often sleep 1.5hrs)
E: 11am
A:
S: 11:45-12pm (15 minute cat nap in car)
A:
S: 1pm-3pm (Always in crib. Woken after 2 hours to protect bedtime)
E: 3pm
A:
S: 4:45pm (30-45 min Catnap. Often on the go)
A: 6pm Bedtime routine begins
E: 6:30pm
S: 6:45pm
DF: 10:30 (3.5 oz)

NW: 2:30

Many thanks,

Laura

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: 5 Month Baby waking for feed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 18:34:33 pm »
Hi there!

One NW is still very common around this age! I do want to mention that around this time many have the 3-2 nap transition. So NWs are common for this as she might be ready for more A time :)

Also, a new found mobility perhaps? Rollings, trying to crawl etc? This also can cause night disturbance at this age :)

Is there a reason why you wake her from the morning nap. Do you have to? I feel the first nap is the most restorative of all the naps. If possible I would try and let her do her morning nap at home and from there work it out? Is that possible?

If she continues to eat so much at that NW.. I'm inclined to believe it really is hunger, and continue to feed her. Later as she's had more established solids in her routine, if she continues to NW, you can def try some gentle night weaning :) ...for a BF baby, one night wake is GREAT! I think your doing a great job :) ! I really would continue this NF as a BF baby.

Xo :)
Fabi