Author Topic: Short Naps - should we do 4 naps??  (Read 1426 times)

Offline ktmclennan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 27, 2017, 16:47:38 pm »
Hi everyone,

We have recently started implementing EASY routine with our almost 5 month old daughter. She has always been a fairly good sleeper at night (1-2 wakes a night between 8pm-7am) but a terrible napper. Most naps have been in the car, stroller, my arms since about Christmas.

we have been doing shush/pat and PU/PD for naps but her naps are short in her bed (20-60mins even with PU/PD). My question is if im keeping within her 1.75-2hr awake time (2 hour is usualy max for her) some days we can end up with 4 naps in a day.  Is this ok? And should i stick to these awake times.

Thanks for any help

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: Short Naps - should we do 4 naps??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 00:10:02 am »
Hi! Welcome to BWF!

Thanks for the post! We are all very glad to offer some suggestions that can possibly Help your current situation :) many hugs!

Could you possibly list her EASY please just to see what's going on?

Here's a link to "average" A times! It's very possible she needs more than 2 hours.. but show me the easy just to see what's going on :)

Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

Hugs :D
Fabi

Offline ktmclennan

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 23:22:24 pm »
I've done some more reading about Pu/Pd and realized I should be continuing to do it for the entire "S" time. This is def working to extend her nap times !! Yay

Just wondering about her 3rd nap tho. How long should this be ? Is it ok to wake her from it?

Offline FPT23

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 19:12:49 pm »
Could you possibly list her easy routine :)

Glad it worked for you :) ! Hurraaaaay!!

The 3rd nap should soon vanish. You need to work on pushing A times closer to 3hrs (again I need to see her routine) so that the 3rd nap pushes itself out.

If slowly working away from the 3rd nap then yes it's ok to cap it as needed to preserve BT but around this time here soon, she will drop it completely and you'll have two solid naps :) one in the morning and another in the afternoon

Hugs! :D
Fabi

Offline ktmclennan

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 23:39:01 pm »
E - 7
A - 730
S - 845- 1015ish

E - 1030
A - 11
S - 1-230 ish

E 245
A
S 5ish for about 30 min

sleeping for the night by 745

Offline FPT23

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 19:21:53 pm »
Hi :)

Most def push out that first nap. At this age they need to be closer to 3hrs A time... once you push out the A tines, the last CN will vanish.

Great Napier tho ;)

Increase one AT for a few days for 15 mins. See how that works over the course of a few days/weeks

This might help her NWs since she will have one less nap (day sleep) and be more tired at BT and hopefully to stay asleep all night.

Keep in mind the other changes brought on at this age that also contribute to some disrupted sleep :)

Hugs
Fabi