Author Topic: 18 month old awake but quiet  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: March 13, 2017, 06:41:55 am »
Hi, I've started to notice that my lg is waking often before 6, but this is after an almost 11 hour night sleep, which I know is good at her age. She tends not to let you know she's awake tho, I o ly know as I wake up and look on the monitor.
Is it OK to leave her there? Part of me thinks she's having quiet time so leave her be, the other part I feel neglectful and that I should go get her.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 18 month old awake but quiet
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:08:46 am »
She will let you know if she needs you (presumably she does throughout the day). Also, you will be glad of her ability to do this as she gets older. If she's not upset, its absolutely fine to leave her there (not all day, of course, but for a short while  until the family gets up for the day is fine).

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 13:25:57 pm »
Thanks,  I feel better now. She's mostly pleasant when I go get her so I know she's not needed me. I know I like to lie awake for a while before I get up, must be like me.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 18 month old awake but quiet
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 13:53:18 pm »
Oh yes - if she is happy leave her there! I assume she is in a cot? When she is in a bed and can out she will be used to lying in bed when she wakes and hopefully not getting straight up and into your room!

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 21:48:36 pm »
Thanks, that's what I was hoping too. Occasional she will wake and shout, but generally she's quiet.
I'm dreading the change to a bed. I'm hanging on as long as I can, although she loves getting into beds in ikea lol. I figure once she needs the toilet she will need a bed, or if she learns to climb out of her cot.