Author Topic: Help with STTN  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Brmultiplemommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 14, 2017, 01:33:37 am »
Ok mommas, need your advice. I had twins who were really little but sttn 10 hours by 3 months old. We were on a set 3 hr schedule of eating during the day and got to that point of long sleep pretty easily. It took a couple of nights of small increments of crying (5-10) minutes and then they were good. With my current LO, she wasn't premie, and she's a great eater and really a great sleepe, but at almost 4 months, she isn't sttn. She wakes at almost the exact same time every night-1:30- and will go right back to sleep after bf. She has a very consistent schedule during the day with first morning feeding at 6am and last feeding at 7:45pm. It doesn't matter if I dream feed or not, she still wakes at 1:30. Any help or ideas?!

Offline Brmultiplemommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 01:36:39 am »
Oh, and for information, her schedule is as follows:
E 6am
A
S 7am
E 8:45am
A
S 10:00am
E 11:30am
A
S 12:30pm
E 2:00pm
A
S 3:30pm
E 4:45pm
A
S (sometimes catnap around 6:45)
E 7:30 to 7:45
Sleep for night
*always waking at 1:30*

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Help with STTN
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 02:50:05 am »
Did your twins spend anytime in the neonatal unit after birth?  were they BF or FF? as those can both make differences.

Because it's an interesting fact that premies that spend time in a neonatal unit where every thing is done with a consistent predictability will often fall into good patterns & sleep through the night better than babies born at term and good weight.

A few things spring to mind it isn't unusual for BF babies to need 2 night feeds (including a DF) until 6mo because BM is faster at being digested.
If she is taking a good feed at 1.30, then it's probably hunger, but if she's just suckling for a little bit, then maybe try to settle her to sleep without feeding, although, I wouldn't really recommend this type of settling
It took a couple of nights of small increments of crying (5-10) minutes and then they were good.
as this is controlled crying & there is heaps of research that is showing some issues with it & it is much better to give hands on help by being physically there & calming your child.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05