Author Topic: 7 week old impossible to get in routine  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: June 11, 2017, 16:48:44 pm »
Hi. My dd is 7weeks old with some reflux and very sleepy. She is able to sleep from 11 pm feed through 4/5 am. But daytimes are a nightmare. Wakes at 8 eats and falls asleep again and seems impossible to wake up, of course she sleeps 45 min and wants to feed again at 2 hours. She is drinking 3oz at the most cause she is not interested in food. I think because of reflux. So i feed her 2.5 hours and again falls asleep and this go on until 9 pm!!  How can i get her in a 3hour routine? How can i make her eat more? If i wait until the 3 hour mark she is completely asleep! O so fussy she drinks half bottle or vomit.  Please help!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 7 week old impossible to get in routine
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 18:01:06 pm »
Hugs - reflux is hard work with such a little one.

To be honest, feeding smaller amounts more frequently is actually the best thing for a refluxer - too much is more likely to make them vomit it all back up. I would stick to the 2/2.5 hour feeds for now, follow her cues. I would imagine in a few more weeks she will be more awake and be taking bigger feeds. How much time is she actually awake for between feeds? I would expect her to be awake around an hour now.

Laura

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 19:17:11 pm »
Thanks. Sometimes she can be awake 1 hr but sometimes only half. So she falls asleep while feedinf cause it tales forever to feed her. Also she wakes up 8/9. Her last feed is 4/5 am so should i wake her up at 7 so wue can have the 7/7 routine or should i just follow her?

Wakes 830 and eat
Sleep 9/915
Wakes 10 or 1030
Eat 11/1130
Sleeps sometimes until 2:30 or 3
Eats 230/300
Sleeps at 4
Wakes 445or5
Eats 5
Falls asleep with the feed and sleeps 30 min
At 6 she is cranky pvertired so i bath her and feed her at 7
She falls asleep eating half bottle or drinks fast and vomits. Feed her again and cant make her sleep until 9!!
So EASY is not at all working 😩😩😩😩

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 20:46:12 pm »
If she is waking for the day at 8.30 I wouldn't expect her to sleep until 8.30/ 9pm as that would be the 12 hour day. If you want her bedtime to be 7 then I would try waking her at 7 am.

I really wouldn't say EASY isn't working - you are getting the pattern of EASY, but she is very young and not many babies get a good EASY until much later.

If you need some help extending naps why don't you post on the naps board - you'll find some good help there. :)

The 6pm crankiness could just be from not getting a full feed earlier and then she's too hungry by 7pm and drinking too fast or taking in too much air.

Is the reflux being treated at all?

Laura