Author Topic: HELP with 6 week old please!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Maymamma

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 27, 2017, 16:58:18 pm »
Hi everyone :)

This is my first post here, I desperately need help with my new little boy. He will be 6 weeks old on Thursday, and he is really tough to get to nap. I did EASY with my first son and he really did well with it, so I want to do the same this time around.

He usually takes 1 good nap in the morning and then it is down hill for the rest of the day. On Sunday he was awake from 10:20 am until bed time with only 2  20 minute naps! It was horrible, and we tried EVERYTHING.

He can fall asleep on his own but a lot of times when he does he wakes up after 5-10 minutes and starts crying. Soothe him back to sleep, and he wakes up again in 5-10 mins and it just repeats until he's either hysterical or it's time to eat again. I use a dark room, white noise, and swaddle so i'm unsure of what else I can try. Shush/pat did nothing to help the situation either. He will never fall asleep if you give him any kind of stimulation. I can't even get him to fall asleep when rocking him. I try to shoot for an awake time of around an hour. Tried shortening it and lengthening it and nothing seems to work :(  Any tips!?

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 13:13:46 pm »
Hi Maymamma, welcome to BW!

Oh dear, that is such little day sleep for his age. What is your general/loose routine right now? Can you list it in EAS format?

Does he show any signs of discomfort? Kicking legs, grunting, spitting up large amounts, mucousy bowel movements, etc.??? Does he nurse more frequently than you remember to with your first? I would ask the pediatrician at his next visit, or set one up, to see if reflux or something could be an issue.

Does he show you sleepy signs around the 1 hr mark or before? He may be one of types that require a little bit more A time... like my son.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 13:15:30 pm by ginger428 »